Finally. The new demo is here. I’ve changed so much in the last ~6 months and am so proud of how HLG has evolved into a fully featured game. The new demo is already up on itch.io so go and play it right now: lazorun.itch.io/hardline-gunner
- Rewrote The Rendering Code:
- Now rendering with OpenGL. Game plays a lot smoother and sharper. Polished the graphics to give HLG a beautifully colourful facelift.
- Added Level Backgrounds:
- The black backgrounds in the old demo are no more. I added a few parallaxing layers to give some depth to the levels.
- New Levels:
- Increased the over all level length.
- Triggered events are now implemented, allowing enemy ambushes, arena style levels, and custom scripted events.
- World Map:
- Inspired by Super Mario 3, HLG now has a world map.
- Level order is no longer fully linear. Levels can be locked and unlocked, hidden and revealed.
- Options Menu:
- Button config.
- Full resolution support.
- Low graphics mode exists to help reduce lag for shitty computers. This was something I was just playing with and decided to leave it in. It removes the backgrounds, 3D walls, particles around explosions and a bunch of stuff to allow players to experience the same gameplay without the lag.
- Volume controls
- Plus a ton of backend improvements to the engine.
We’re so happy with how the demo has turned out and would love to get your feedback. Give it a play and tweet (@orunbot, @LazAtLazorun) or email (email@example.com) us what you think.
Play it here: lazorun.itch.io/hardline-gunner